2nd Line Support Analyst required to join a leading software company. You will be providing support for our UK customers, by email, telephone and via our ITSM Web Portal. Working in a team of 1st and 2nd Line Support Analysts, supporting a range of technologies including, Windows XP/7 desktop users, IP telephony, networks, computer hardware, peripherals and bespoke developed applications.
As part of this role you will be required to participate in the Out of Hours support Rota once full training has been provided. Additional payments will be made for shifts on this Rota.
Your key deliverables.
- Provide a single point of contact for our customers, maintaining professionalism at all times and ensuring our customers are kept updated on progress and resolution
- Taking calls from customers and logging support tickets on their behalf as and when required
- Dealing with Incidents, problems and tasks that cannot be resolved by 1st Line support.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical incidents and requests
- Remotely connecting to customer's systems to provide training and support
- Provide training and guidance to customers on our products
- Escalation of major incidents and complaints
- Provide training and assistance to 1st Line Support Team
- Working with other internal departments on problem solving customer issues
- Diagnosing bugs and liaising with the relevant teams to provide information to help identify root cause
- Logging Incidents and requests in our Service Management tool, working to an agreed priority matrix
- Input into the growth of our internal and external knowledgebase, ensuring colleagues and customers have the correct support documentation
- To provide and receive quality feedback to/from peers and team members to aid personal development.
- Working to agreed SLA's, such as ticket quality and customer satisfaction
- To ensure delivery to (and exceeding of) agreed service level agreements for performance and availability of all product IT services.
- Experience of operating in a complex service oriented arena.
- Experience of working with bespoke software products and hardware is essential
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP routers, switching and basic networking technologies
- Experience of using IT Service Management tools and ticketing systems such as Zendesk
Your skills & knowledge
o Knowledge of ITSM best practice (ie ITIL) desirable but not essential
o Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
o Able to work under pressure in sometimes sensitive situations
o A strong team player with a can do attitude
o Able to take ownership of incidents and see through to resolution
o Excellent Customer Service skills with a passion for service
o Good understanding of Windows XP/7
o Asterix/Unix experience desirable
o PC hardware knowledge including fault diagnosis
o Previous experience of using remote access tools
o Telephony experience including systems and integration
o Networking experience and virtual private networks
o Commercial awareness
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.