We are recruiting an Administrator for our partner charity Smart Works Greater Manchester. A UK charity that provides styling advice, high-quality interview clothing and interview training to women seeking employment. The charity gives women the confidence, self-belief and the practical tools they require to succeed at interview and change the direction of their lives.
Smart Works began in London, we now have branches in Edinburgh, Manchester, Reading, Birmingham and Newcastle, and will continue to grow with a new branch expected later in 2019.
At the core of the Smart Works service is a two-hour appointment during which time each client receives a complete outfit of high-quality clothes (theirs to keep) and dedicated one to one interview training. This intervention has a significant impact as their clients gain confidence and belief in their ability to succeed.
Their service is delivered by skilled, trained volunteers who commit their time to support their clients. Their reward is seeing the impact of unlocking a woman's confidence and finding out that the woman they assisted has gone on to succeed at interview and moved forward with her life.
This position plays a key role in a very small staff team. This role provides effective support to the Manager in managing the administration of the Smart Works office to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our service.
- Maintain all admin processes within the office and support Manager with admin tasks
- Provide administrative support to volunteers, referral partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Book, confirm and follow up on client appointments
- Greet clients and ensure the office environment is welcoming and well presented
- Monitor client success and feedback to volunteers
- Update the Smart Works database and contact lists
- Prepare presentations, monthly reports and newsletters
- Assist the Manager with social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Maintain and update the Smart Works Greater Manchester website as required
- Cover for the Manager when on holiday / out of the office
- Open and close the office as required
- Assist the Manager on the organisation of stock and stockroom, ensuring stock is efficiently organised and ready for clients
- Assist with events and other ad hoc duties as required
- Proven experience in a busy administration role (voluntary or paid)
- Strong organisational administrative skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly personable, with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Computer literate and proficient with MS Office - some experience of CRM systems is desirable
- Collating and formatting information and data for presentations, reports and newsletters
- Proactive self-starter, with some experience of working in small teams
- Confident in running a busy office
- Understanding of the third sector and empathy with Smart Works' ethos of women helping women
- Writing, scheduling and posting on social media platforms
- Some experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge of graphic design software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.