Our client based in South Manchester / Cheshire are looking to recruit an Estate Manager to be responsible for the management, financial control, administration, and maintenance of a portfolio of residential leasehold developments...
We are looking for applicants who have 2-3 years of Block Management experience with AIRPM Qualification.
Day To Day Duties
- Monitor the performance of regular routine contractors; gardeners, cleaners, window cleaners etc
- Organise, tender and oversee cyclical maintenance, major repairs and routine contracts, with the support of the facilities team as appropriate. Monitor work to completion. Liaise with directors, residents, contractors and specialist consultants as necessary.
- Undertake Section 20 consultation as applicable where cost/length of the contract of works exceeds legally specified limits. Raise appropriate Administration Fees.
- Ensure that H&S legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to all times.
- Ensuring that appropriate assessments have been undertaken and actioned appropriately, these include but are not limited to Asbestos Survey, H&S and Fire Risk Assessments, Fixed Electrical Testing, Lift inspections etc.
- Manage each development in accordance with the requirements of their specific lease and Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Arrange appropriate insurance cover, (Buildings, Engineering, D&O) in respect of each development through the designated broker.
- Prepare a service charge budget in advance of the next financial year, obtaining approval as appropriate. Ensuring that each budget is approved and demands are issued on time and in accordance with the lease.
- Monitor actual expenditure, to ensure that budget to actual expenditure is not exceeded and that each scheme remains in good financial order. Implement corrective measures where required.
- Monitor the collection of service charges and other payments required by the lease. Liaise with the Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller to instigate arrears procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Arrange, give notice, attend, chair (if requested) and minute the AGM and EGMs as necessary. Ensure statutory meetings conducted in accordance with Company Law.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation which is applicable to the role.
- Ensure compliance with Company Secretarial duties where appropriate and Companies House requirements.
- Prepare pre-sale enquiry packs and to ensure all relevant paperwork is provided in relation to changes of property ownership. Including the production of Share Certifications where appropriate.
- Ensure that the company database and compliance spreadsheet is kept fully up to date at all times.
- Demonstrate continued personal professional development through the IRPM and RICS memberships.
- Undertake quarterly site inspections (or at the frequency specified in the management agreement), completing the relevant site inspection form and following up on any action points highlighted during the course of the inspection.
- Respond to reactive and emergency works in a timely manner, communicating with the affected parties as required.
- Alongside your designated Accounts Assistant ensure that the production of the development accounts are produced within 16 weeks of the year-end.
- Authorise invoices of contractors and service providers, in a timely manner to ensure the Accounts Assistant can process payment within company payment terms.