Our client based in South Manchester / Cheshire is looking to recruit an Estate Manager to be responsible for the management, financial control, administration, and maintenance of a portfolio of developments...
We are looking for applicants who have relevant experience ideally within block management however happy to consider property lettings background.
Day To Day Duties
- Monitor the performance of regular routine contractors; gardeners, cleaners, window cleaners, etc
- Organise, tender and oversee cyclical maintenance, major repairs, and routine contracts, with the support of the facilities team as appropriate. Monitor work to completion. Liaise with directors, residents, contractors, and specialist consultants as necessary.
- Undertake Section 20 consultation as applicable where cost/length of the contract of works exceeds legally specified limits. Raise appropriate Administration Fees.
- Ensure that H&S legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring that appropriate assessments have been undertaken and actioned appropriately
- Manage each development in accordance with the requirements of their specific lease and Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Arrange appropriate insurance cover, (Buildings, Engineering, D&O) in respect of each development through the designated broker.
- Prepare a service charge budget in advance of the next financial year, obtaining approval as appropriate. Ensuring that each budget is approved and demands are issued on time and in accordance with the lease.
- Monitor actual expenditure, to ensure that budget to actual expenditure is not exceeded and that each scheme remains in good financial order. Implement corrective measures where required.
- Monitor the collection of service charges and other payments required by the lease. Liaise with the Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller to instigate arrears procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Arrange, give notice, attend, chair (if requested) and minute the AGM and EGMs as necessary. Ensure statutory meetings conducted in accordance with Company Law.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation that is applicable to the role.
- Ensure compliance with Company Secretarial duties where appropriate and Companies House requirements.
- Prepare pre-sale enquiry packs and ensure all relevant paperwork is provided in relation to changes of property ownership.
- Ensure that the company database and compliance spreadsheet is kept fully up to date
- Undertake quarterly site inspections
- Respond to reactive and emergency works in a timely manner
- Authorise invoices of contractors and service providers