We are recruiting a Field Service Engineer based in Staffordshire. This role is based predominantly at client's sites throughout the UK, with intermittent opportunities to work with overseas clients. Travel to client sites may require early starts, late finishes and regular overnight stays.
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance of the activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Service Manager.
- Comply with the organisation's QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- To Participate on the on call Helpline rota and when doing so be always available and able go to site immediately.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
- It would be advantageous to have a min of 3 years' previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
- 2 years' experience working independently
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate including use of MS Office programmes
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
- 2 years' minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.