Our client based in Manchester is looking to recruit a Head of Data to be responsible for developing a strategy to organise, store and analyse data as efficiently as possible, while always upholding agreed-upon security standards.
Day to day duties:-
- Define and develop a group-wide data architecture in partnership with the technology teams, integrating siloed areas of the business.
- Develop a master data management strategy and work with the data engineers to develop and deploy the strategy.
- Define the data management requirements for application, data and process integration and work in partnership with the technology teams to define the standards for those requirements
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise Data Model which documents master and reference data attributes.
- Make sure that data engineering projects are supported in developing our data in line with our data standards.
- Maintain the strategies for the technologies used in delivering data and insights in collaboration with the business reporting and business partner teams.
- Be pragmatic in the approach to management and accept responsibility for an element of “hands on” working.
- Expert knowledge and significant experience in data architecture, contributing to data strategy and objectives.
- Knowledge of data modelling and data structures, with experience of formulating the plans that support the delivery of the data architecture strategy.
- Any experience around data governance would be desirable.
- Knowledge of both in house & off the shelf architecture preferred.
- Experience of data migration preferred.
- Hands on and pragmatic approach where required with a focus on delivery.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to engage with and provide technical leadership to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience of leading, mentoring and developing a small team.
- Adept at translating data into concise, user friendly & consumable visualisations.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Involvement in or delivery of a successful transformation experience in a previous role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a senior data management role.
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in the Microsoft suite preferable.