An exceptional opportunity for a proven, ambitious HR professional to take their career to the next level in the heavy engineering / manufacturing sector. Reporting to the HR Director, you will be managing (within an established HR team) the day to day operational HR related matters at a senior level on site. You are likely to be a graduate, but certainly CIPD qualified, and experience must include a track record of managing and driving HR projects within a manufacturing environment. You will have worked with Unions and be sufficiently confident to challenge the status quo, influence improvements and proactively ensure we work in compliance with HR policies and procedures and using best practice. We are looking for a good leader and manager (team of two), with a can do attitude, a strong sense of urgency and the ability to manage a diverse, busy workload. You will have a strong mind-set for continuous development and improvement, we see personal ambition as a positive since there will be opportunities for further growth.
Main Responsibilities will include: (reporting to the HR Director, you will be managing a team of two)
- Lead HR activities across the site
- Manage and develop employee relations
- Human Capital Planning including succession planning, key talent development and talent pipelines
- Implement staffing plans and manage recruitment and development
- Ensure corporate governance and compliance, investigation of complaints
- Develop communications across the site
- Manage and support Performance Management activities
- Manage the compensation and benefit systems
- Development of employee engagement
- Contribute to and implement HR programmes and special projects
- Contribute to the senior management team business agenda
- Coach key members of the management team
- Contribute to the broader group HR team ensuring the sharing and application of accepted best practice
- Disciplinary & Grievance Management
- Degree + CIPD qualification
- 10 years in HR with a minimum 5 years experience in a leadership/senior HR management/advisory role
- Experience in a fast paced manufacturing (or similar) facility
- Experience of working with Unions
- Excellent people skills, a can do attitude, a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to manage a diverse and busy workload
- A strong mindset for continuous development and improvement
- Good practical knowledge of HRIS and MSOffice
About The Benefits:
Annual salary of £55-62k, Private healthcare. Pension (employer contribution up to 10%). 25 days leave plus bank holidays. Other salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers. Usual working hours 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.