Our client is looking for a Lead C&I Design Engineer, this role will be predominantly office based, however visits to client premises/sites will be infrequent but could involve overnight stays.
- Taking ownership and managing the workload of the C&I Department working on a multitude of gas industry-related projects.
- Ensure designs are delivered to the correct quality in accordance with the required contract timescales.
- Supporting and working with the other lead engineers to ensure design interfaces are captured.
- Ensuring the design is completed in accordance with company design procedures and safety design requirements.
- Involved with the design on projects within own discipline
- Approving the team's designs for formal issue
- Attending progress meetings both internally and externally.
- Provide reports on a regular basis.
- Developing, coaching and mentoring your team.
- Secondary duties:
- Providing support to all departments with any technical direction required.
- Supporting the activities of the Project Engineers, Project Managers and the Managers of Engineering Services.
- Participating and supporting of the handover design packages to the Manufacturing, Installation and Commissioning teams.
- You must possess a minimum of HNC/HND in an associated discipline and have knowledge and experience of the full Control and Instrumentation design life cycle of a capital project.
- You must have experience working in a structured capital project design engineering environment
- Clear understanding of working in or around hazardous areas.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of National Grid design processes.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.