We are looking for a professional, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Logistics Manager. The Logistics Manager will organise /schedule all inbound/outbound shipments and deliveries and strive to keep transportation costs low.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the organisation and scheduling of all global logistics, deliveries and collections as required for the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for prioritising tasks to meet expected shipping dates and will be responsible for coordinating the storage, transportation and delivery of products, equipment and materials.
Essential Functions - The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organisational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Electronic filing and keeping of ALL relevant records of all import and export documentation for all orders.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Manage financial and currency processes and transactions in accordance with policy and law, and to optimise cost-effectiveness of activities.
- Communicate with export and import and related authorities, and customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities.
- Anticipate, research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department's own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Plan and implement import/export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation.
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export/import activities and support in relation to the organisation's sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in import/export activity and procedures.
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to import/export activities.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon import/export activities.
- Manage and maintain effective and lawful insurance provisions relating to import/export activities.
- Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant ICT (Information & Communications Technology) and other systems within the import/export function.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example: shipping schedules; letters of credit; ECGD documents; credit control mechanisms; licenses; declarations; packing, routing, transport and safety documentation.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organisation and its suppliers and customers.
- Plan and manage the effective and necessary conversion of weights, sizes, values, and quality standards interpretations between importing and exporting systems and territories.
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.).
Experience in a similar role is desired.
Possess a proven ability to work within a changing and fast paced environment.
Must have an eye for detail.
Demonstrate an ability to be a proactive, solutions driven individual able to manage their own workload and time to get the job done.
Strong inter personal skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
Highly self-motivated team player with great enthusiasm and energy able to thrive in a result driven environment.
PC literate with particularly strong skills in Excel.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.