We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Floor Manager to help grow and develop both our team and production facility. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing both people and machinery in a food manufacturing industry or similar and experience implementing and tracking KPIs while working closely with our team members to ensure they are motivated, engaged, and successful.
You will be responsible for;
- Implementing and managing a range of KPI's to maximise machine output.
- Managing shift patterns and rotas to ensure the correct number of staff are on-site for each shift and ensuring each shift is run efficiently.
- Planning and organising production schedules, working plans, and break times.
- Ensuring quality protocols and SOPs are followed.
- Ensuring production/manufacturing deadlines are met.
- Maintaining quality control standards while working closely alongside our Quality Assurance Manager.
- Reviewing the organisations resource capabilities on a daily basis
- Coordinating members across various departments within the production facility.
- Staff management including recruitment, staff structure, training requirements are fulfilled and up to date, ensure that staff performance and development issues are handled appropriately.
- Lead by example ensuring a safe and efficient workspace is achieved at all times.
- Encourage team spirit ensuring employees have pride in their work and help them further their skills.
- Ensuring all H&S and best practice policies are adhered to at all times
- The link between manufacturing and distribution
- Monitoring the need for agency staff
- Providing weekly and monthly reports on labour costs
- Deputizing in the absence of Managers and work closely with the Management team.
- Proven experience in a similar environment, ideally manufacturing.
- Proven experience in a similar role, minimum of 2 years
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment desired but not essential
Hours: 6.30am – 3pm Mon – Fri