We are working with an established company to recruit a Merchandiser to join their growing team based in Bolton.
Salary: £30,000 P/A
As the Merchandiser you will work alongside the hands-on Directors to manage each category and be responsible for:
- Managing the critical path, adding styles, and ensuring it is followed to avoid delays
- Communicating any issues with the customers and resolving accordingly
- Place reorders dependant on stock levels
- Review and analyse previous season sales
- Producing sales, stock & margin plans in line with the strategy.
- Assist with range building by providing analysis and proposals on; planned, brand, fit colour, design, and pricing, etc
- Action re-prices or markdowns for underperforming lines whilst protecting margin.
- Working with E-Commerce to visually merchandise certain lines, such as those with low views & high conversion and bestselling lines which have come back into stock.
- Report at the SKU level, working closely with our suppliers to ensure that low-cover and trending lines are brought in quickly.
- Performing a full analysis each week, informing the Directors of any risks, high returns, problem suppliers, and possible cancellations due to lateness.
- Troubleshooting warehouse discrepancies alongside our logistics partner and finance team; and holding suppliers to account by ensuring they are delivering correct items and quantities.
The ideal applicant must have previous merchandising experience. Possessing strong numerical, analytical, and commercial awareness skills and a passion for fashion is highly essential. You must be an excellent communicator both written and verbal with strong I.T skills which include Microsoft Excel, and the ability to work cross-functionally.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an established, forward-thinking brand. The business has gone from strength to strength offering up-to-date trends to an influencer-driven market at a fast rate. Offering an attractive salary package plus an excellent working environment and culture!