Our client a manufacturer, distributor, and brand owner in the FMCG industry operating in and around Trafford Park is looking to recruit an Operations Director on a permanent basis.
The business traded resiliently throughout COVID and, in spite of the fact the business operates predominantly in consumer goods, is confident of its outlook even in the face of a potential looming recession.
This is a new role to join the Operational Board that is charged with the running of the business on a day-to-day basis and executing the strategy set by the Board. The Operational Board consists of Category Leaders for each of the product categories that the business is involved in plus 2 Executive Directors.
The role: Operations Director
As a result of its rapid expansion, its increasing propensity for manufacturing, and its growing number of operational sites the business is now looking to add an Operations Director to its Operational Board. Reporting to the Executive Directors, the Operations Director will be responsible for ensuring the business produces, stores and distributes high-quality products to drive sales and growth. More specifically:
- Design and implement an operational strategy to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Lead a strong and cohesive team who deliver products on time and with minimal amounts of wasted time and materials
- Create a culture of continuous improvement to ensure operational excellence
- Implement measurements, controls and efficiencies to ensure factory and warehousing optimization
- Work alongside Purchasing and Finance to ensure the optimum levels of stock and inventory are held to free up working capital
- Primarily responsible for manufacturing, warehousing, IT, and health & Safety
- Adapt resourcing levels to accommodate fluctuating workloads
- Ensure that the company conforms to rigorous standards of health & safety
- Reduce overhead costs to ensure the business enjoys a strong financial position
The right candidate will have experience in manufacturing and warehousing, will have implemented new systems before, and will have been involved in multi-faceted businesses before. Ideally (but not absolutely required), the candidate will have some experience in food manufacturing / FMCG.
Ultimately, the candidate will have managed teams previously, will be excited to work in a dynamic and agile environment, and will not be afraid to “get stuck in” or work hard.
This opportunity would suit someone who is entrepreneurial, acquisitive, and adventurous.
Happy to consider an experienced Operations Manager or Production Manager from the FMCG industry who is looking to take that next step in their career.