Looking to recruit for a newly created role, PA to the CEO, an exciting time to join this Middleton based company for someone with drive, and interested in personal development to come in a and set up processes from scratch.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To provide secretarial and administrative support for the CEO and the Board of Directors including:
- Provide diary management to the CEO, ensuring appointments are made taking into account, location and travel time between appointments. Ensure no appointments are missed.
- Coordinate and manage the inbox of the CEO, ensuring all urgent issues are prompted in a timely way; all diary invites are checked and responded to and all actions highlighted
- To send relevant written communication of an excellent standard and in a timely manner to key stakeholders, whether by letter, email or via social media
- To have the analytical skills to enable understanding and assessment of facts and figures, shown in tables, charts and letters. Be able to summarise key facts and present the summary as required.
- To be able to answer all telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner and to extract relevant information from all callers in a timely fashion.
To be able to take detailed messages which others can understand and forward messages to recipients in a timely manner.
- Provide notes taking in meetings, ensuring all key facts are taken down, actions followed up and minutes sent out in a timely way to attendees.
- To be able to organise transport, accommodation and any other requirements as and when necessary primarily for the CEO, but also to the Board of Directors as required.
- Liaising with clients and important customers and contacts by telephone, in writing and face-to-face.
- Submitting expenses on behalf of the CEO, in an accurate and timely way
- Attending social functions from time to time to assist the CEO in their public speaking and/or charity work. Some travel maybe required
- Represents the office of the CEO with pride and excellence
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as reasonably required by the business, including support to finance and HR from time to time.
These are the experience, skills and values we require for any applicant or current staff member to be successful in this position. All parts excluding the desirable criteria are essential for success and must be demonstrated.
- Demonstrates resolve and confidence when reaching a judgement;
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for administrative activities relating to the CEO;
- Unique and motivational approach to day to day tasks;
- Takes a proactive approach to developing knowledge and skills within own area of expertise
- Builds trust and respect within the business, ensuring you are supportive and helpful, and represent the office of the CEO with pride and excellence;
- Always seeks innovative, yet appropriate ways of working, never let complacency set in;
- Is approachable, with an effective communication style with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates 100% pride in what you do; sustain this through every aspect of your work, including through your appearance and your networking, always represent the company with pride;
- A good work life balance.
Essential Skills Criteria
- Proven experience in a senior administrator or executive secretary role
- Has the ability to take notes in meetings contact complex and sensitive data; summarise and follow up with accurate minutes and accountabilities
- Strong sense of duty and operating with excellence
- To be computer literate and understand the basic operating principles of common software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven track record of delivering on deadlines and working under pressure.
- Can demonstrate organisation and prioritisation skills when booking appointments and liaising with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Acts with empathy but conviction when saying no.
- Able to think on your feet, multi-tasking different issues even in the face of challenges
- Extemporary organisational, planning and time keeping skills;
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.