We have a great opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to join a highly regarded, long established, independent firm of Chartered Accountants. Working with the Payroll Manager you will have a varied portfolio of clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations and will be providing a payroll bureau. This is an employer of choice, enjoying low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction.
The Payroll Clerk / Payroll Administrator will perform the following main duties:
- Reporting to the Payroll Manager, duties will include but are not limited to 'start to finish' processing of client payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Submitting RTI;
- Calculation of tax and pension deductions;
- Calculating PAYE and HMRC deductions;
- Handling client enquiries;
The Payroll Clerk / Payroll Administrator should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with MS Office essential, and Pegasus and/or Sage payroll software (or similar) desirable
- Previous experience of working in a payroll position
- Experience of working on multiple payrolls of varying size and complexity
- Previous experience in a busy payroll bureau / similar small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to sometimes tight deadlines without losing attention to detail
- Team player - can do attitude
About The Benefits
- annual salary between £26,000-£30,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 23 days annual leave (increasing by one day per year with each year of service to a maximum 25) + 8 Bank & statutory holidays
- Life Assurance
- Core hours are 9am to 5.15pm daily with a one hour break for lunch
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.