Our client based in London is looking to recruit a Personal Injury & Court of Protection Paraplanner to prepare written advice and provide technical research services to the Personal Injury and Court of Protection (PI&COP) Advisers in order to assist them in the delivery of advice and ongoing services to prospective, new and existing clients.
The role holder will be responsible for researching, analysing and compiling investment reports for new and existing clients and annual review reports to the highest standards, in conjunction with the PI&COP Advisers and Senior PICOP Paraplanners, in order to assist with the achievement of business targets while ensuring compliance with Business Quality Standards at all times.
The PI&COP Paraplanner will work closely with the Senior PI&COP Paraplanners who have responsibility for their workload and development, on a day to day basis.
- To complete all client reviews and investment reports in line within the agreed service standards.
- To complete new business proposals in a timely fashion and to the high standards required.
- Using internal research and advice tools undertake research and analysis on a client’s financial planning arrangements, both existing and recommended.
- To prepare Personal Injury Trust reports and Trust review reports within the desired timescales.
- To undertake investment portfolio analysis which includes areas such as drawdown analysis and verifying periodical payments have been calculated correctly by the Defendants.
- To answer queries from both clients and solicitors, responding within a reasonable timeframe.
- To contribute to ad-hoc projects and tasks, when required
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Working towards the Certificate in Paraplanning (R01, R02 R03, J09)
- An understanding of the legal areas and litigation process in PI&COP matters would be an advantage
- Two years’ experience within an administration role would be an advantage
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults would be an advantage
- Experience of working within a high pressure, professional environment
- To demonstrate a good understanding of the Financial Services Industry, products and services
- To possess an understanding of the compliance framework and business quality requirements, including TCF, would be an advantage.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion when dealing with vulnerable clients
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good personal organisational and administrative planning skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to work well within a team environment and build effective working relationships both internally and externally
Hours: 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri
Hybrid Working – 3 days from home, 2 days in the office