Our client based in Manchester is currently looking to recruit a Menswear Product Developer to join the rapidly growing brand...
- To manage the execution of styles from concept to launch.
- Attend and contribute to design direction meetings, bringing newness and creative ideas to the team.
- To stick to the critical path with the product team, to execute a well-balanced and commercial range plan. Ensure all timelines are met including tech packs and sample deadlines.
- Bring to market, world-class, fit for purpose product
- Responsible for the day-to-day design and development operational tasks, to deliver the goals and objectives as set by the Head of Menswear – in line with the company vision.
- Independently plan and organise allocated workload. To ensure that all tech-packs are of the highest standard and can be accurately translated by the factory into the best quality 1st Proto’s.
- Co-ordinate daily communication with all suppliers.
- Obtain initial prices on receipt of first prototype samples & update the live sample tracker document with this information.
- Attend key style capitals for any fabric trade fairs and visit key stores and brands. To be aware of brand adjacencies and key trends.
- To interact frequently with the factories (& fabric mills) ideally through site visits or video meetings. Inspect key Health and Safety aspects of the supplier manual during factory visits.
- To prioritize sustainable fabrics, trims and packaging, where possible.
- Help to assess and appraise each factory on a regular basis and feed this back to Production Manager and Head of Menswear.
- Be confident that the current supply base is compliant and transparent.
- Provide creative & technical skills to ensure that all garments are fit for purpose.
- Collaborate with Head of Menswear on new fabric, trim and logo developments.
- Work closely with Creative Director and Head of Menswear to deliver quality products, against target margins whilst maintaining Design aesthetics.
- Expertly create Tech Packs and BOM’s with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Attend fit sessions and proto reviews
- Identify styles that require wear testing, and co-ordinate accordingly
- Maintain & update the sample tracker report- accuracy is critical.
- 2 years + Product Development experience in menswear
- A passion for menswear design and the branded market
- Denim experience would be an advantage
- Excellent garment construction knowledge
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability
Hours: 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri (Remote working available on Fridays)
Package: £26,000 - £32,000 + Bonus & Benefits