Our client based in Trafford Park is looking to recruit a Senior Logistics Co-ordinator on a permanent basis...
The main purpose of the role is to coordinate all Export and UK orders ensuring that customers receive the highest possible standards of service.
- Co-ordination with the production planning department to ensure that orders are processed within specified lead times, informing customers of any problems or delays with orders, including the attendance at customer service meetings.
- Arranging shipment and dimensions with freight forwarders in co-operation with the production planning department.
- Prepare and issue all picking notes and export pallet labels and co-ordinate despatches and collections with warehouse operatives.
- Prepare and issue all despatch delivery notes and documentation to warehouse in advance of vehicle collections.
- Ensuring shipping, labeling, documentary compliance of any hazardous cargo.
- Advising customer of shipment details e.g. vessel name, sailing date, ETA’s for deep sea freight.
- Preparation and prompt despatch of all required export documentation, accurately, neatly and in line with customer requirements.
- Obtaining freight quotes from forwarders if necessary, checking of all freight invoices received
- Assistance with preparation of monthly sales analysis for export and home trade customers as required.
- KPI reporting on internal systems and external providers
- Data input onto SAP
- Evaluation and processing of all raw materials in line with production requirements.
- Expedite purchase orders with suppliers to meet requirements of production deadlines.
- Experience of UK/European Freight/Deep Sea
- Customer focussed with professional approach
- Experience using SAP
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Organised with ability to prioritise own workload
- Attention to detail
- Recognised qualifications ie Dangerous Goods by Air
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Good understanding of supply chain in a manufacturing environment
- Understand customs procedures / able to complete required customs documentation