Job title: Tablet Production Operator
Start date: Immediate
Hours: Monday-Friday, 0800-1630 (subject to change)
Salary: £10.20 per hour, £10.70 after 6-months
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, manufacturing a wide range of vitamin tablets. Ideally, you will have experience of working with tablet manufacturing equipment although, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Tablet Production operator, you will be responsible for performing weighing and blending of ingredients to form the base mix for the vitamin tablets. You will also set up, operate, and perform change-over procedures of all tablet compression equipment, in accordance with standard operating procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage start-ups and ensure equipment is insufficient working condition.
- Conduct QC tests hardness, weight, friability, and appearance.
- Communicate effectively with engineers to prevent and address any equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain and sustain a ‘Right first-time’ batch culture.
- Record daily production legibly on the relevant paperwork.
- Ensure the working plan provided by your supervisor/manager, is followed.
- Ensure the workstation is cleaned properly as and when required.
- Ensure health and safety standards are met.
- Work towards a high standard of quality.
- Perform any other duties required as and when for the business.
The successful candidate will:
- Prioritise your own workload and work under your own initiative.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and a professional attitude.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Embrace change and work effectively in an ever-changing environment.
- Safely and effectively perform the essential job functions, consistent with the targets set by the business
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Knowledge of the tablet-making process (desirable but not essential).
- Experience of working in an FMCG/food manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated and quick learner with good problem-solving skills.