Web Development Designer to join an ever-growing organisation. This is a newly created role so there is a real opportunity to make your mark. Joining a great team of passionate people the opportunities in this organisation are endless.
You will contribute effectively to the operation of the company by designing, coding and modifying websites, according to company specifications. Creating visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation in a manner which most effectively supports the company's IT strategy and operation.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager and working within a structured organisation it is important that you are self-sufficient, able to prioritise work load in all areas of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Planning and prototyping new applications
- Designing the architecture of the components of an application
- Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments and fixing bugs in existing projects
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- Running performance benchmarking tests
- Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- Researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects
- Gathering requirements from users
- Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development and design
- Building and maintaining databases
- Refactoring and optimizing existing code
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- Attending and speaking at web development conferences and workshops
- Designing information architecture within an application or website
- Managing a Web Development or design range of projects for the IT department as well as taking an active part in supporting the IT Manager to deliver other projects
- Communicating effectively with all levels of employees within the Company ensuring effective relationships are developed. Along with maintaining a high degree of customer service for all queries and adhere to all service management principle.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates would be required to drive or have access to a car.
Essential Skills Criteria
- Mobile up/cross platform development and a good understanding of responsive design
- Use of responsive frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Understanding performance and optimization - we want stuff to look great but load fast too
- MVC coding style
- An eye for detail (someone who can understand the designer's pain)
- Portfolio of previous work, Photoshop / illustrator/ Sketch to convert designs to code
- The candidate should be able to work on multiple platforms (CMS) such as WordPress
- Should be able to deliver quality work in tight deadlines
- must be presentable, confident and willing to be a part of a growing team
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational
- communication and time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver client projects on-brand and brief within challenging timescales.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.