As Employee Relations Specialist, you will provide an excellent ER advice service, acting as the first point of contact for all Line Managers ER queries across the group. You will provide advice and guidance on a wide range of employee relations matters, including investigations, disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence, from initial query right through to final written warning (where appropriate).
- Act as the first point of contact to resolve ER queries from Line Managers across the business
- Guide Line Managers through ER queries via self-service, redirecting to appropriate sources of information or through available policies
- Influence and coach all levels of line management on a wide range of employee relations matters, including investigation, disciplinary, grievance, performance and sickness absence cases up to final written warning, where applicable
- Reducing risk to the business through the provision of advice and guidance in line with multiple policies, legacy terms and agreements, legislation and business requirements
- Utilise ER knowledge and judgement to assess the risk to escalate cases through the appropriate channels at the relevant time
- Use HR technology to track ER cases throughout the case life cycle and file relevant data and files appropriately
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Experience gained in an employee relations role
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment law/employee relations and keeping abreast of forthcoming changes
- Excellent knowledge of general ER processes/practices and demonstrates a methodical approach
- Ability to coach, challenge and influence decisions at all levels and is assertive and confident in their approach.
- Ability to decipher and process complex information quickly
- Strong thinking ability in order to assess potential risk
- Ability to multi-task, priorities critical items and identify potential risk
- Broad commercial awareness in which the business operates
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Contributes to a positive team environment - is helpful and supportive of other team members and understands team priorities
- Consistently demonstrates collaboration and a One Team approach to activities and tasks
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality customer service in a professional manner; adapting the approach to suit each situation, active listening and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CIPD qualification (full/part qualified or working towards) or equivalent
- Knowledge of and ability to use HR Technology or Case Management solutions
- Experience of working in an environment where change management was a key feature
- Ability to adapt quickly to understand the business nuances of a complex group, it's business complexities and identity to provide advice and guidance that is appropriate to the different culture and priorities
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.