We are recruiting for an Estate Manager for a successful Property Management company based in Cheshire. As Estate Manager, you will be responsible for the management, financial control, administration and maintenance of a portfolio of residential leasehold developments.
Role/Responsibilities and Experience:
- Monitor the performance of regular routine contractors; gardeners, cleaners, window cleaners etc.
- Organise, tender and oversee cyclical maintenance, major repairs and routine contracts, with the support of the facilities team as appropriate. Monitor work to completion. Liaise with directors, residents, contractors and specialist consultants as necessary.
- Undertake Section 20 consultation as applicable where cost/length of contract of works exceed legally specified limits. Raise appropriate Administration Fees.
- Ensure that H&S legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to all times.
- Ensuring that appropriate assessments have been undertaken and actioned appropriately, these include but are not limited to Asbestos Survey, H&S and Fire Risk Assessments, Fixed Electrical Testing, Lift inspections etc.
- Manage each development in accordance with the requirements of their specific lease and Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Arrange appropriate insurance cover, (Buildings, Engineering, D&O) in respect of each development through the designated broker.
- Prepare a service charge budget in advance of the next financial year, obtaining approval at the AGM or via the RMC board or Freeholder as appropriate. Ensuring that each budget is approved and demands are issued on time and in accordance with the lease.
- Monitor actual expenditure, to ensure that budget to actual expenditure is not exceeded and that each scheme remains in good financial order. Implement corrective measures where required.
- Monitor the collection of service charges and other payments required by the lease. Liaise with the Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller to instigate arrears procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Arrange, give notice, attend, chair (if requested) and minute the AGM and EGMs as necessary. Ensure statutory meetings conducted in accordance with Company Law.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation which is applicable to the role.
- Ensure compliance with Company Secretarial duties where appropriate and Companies House requirements.
- Prepare pre-sale enquiry packs and to ensure all relevant paperwork is provided in relation to changes of property ownership. Including the production of Share Certifications where appropriate.
- Ensure that the company database and compliance spreadsheet is kept fully up to date always.
- Demonstrate continued personal professional development through the IRPM and RICS memberships.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business, if you are interested in this role, please do get in touch.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.