We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to work within a worldwide organization established nearly 70 years ago. They believe in teamwork and work together to achieve success. And are driven by innovation, continually striving to develop new and better solutions. Over 4,000 people strong, meeting the needs of our customers around the globe.
To ensure that the Quality Systems established in the Company are maintained and updated to ensure
compliance to the required standards. This will include but will not be limited to AS9100, NADCAP, and
customer management systems.
* Be accountable for the calibration department, laboratory, special process's and technical data
* Program manage, and be the lead in all audits, internal (compliance, business process, product
and process etc.) and external. Host audits from 3rd parties which may include the customer EG
* Program manage the sub-tier audit schedule and provide overall insight to the quality
performance of sub-tier suppliers.
* Identify and lead any project in relation to assurance EG maturity assessments etc.
* Chair and program manage the site MMS improvement program.
* Be the lead in the maintenance and development of the Quality / Business Management System
including the generation of the quality heatmap, management reviews.
* Support the Snr Quality Lead and Head of Quality in the identification from the data the
improvement workstreams to drive business improvements.
* Program manage and be the focal point for both internal and external for any customer score
cards in driving governance, and improvement actions.
* Develop, identify and maintain in a timely manner the measures of performance for the quality
* Involvement where required with customer quality issues, including investigation and corrective
action activities which include the assurance aspect of the position.
* Liaise with Operations and Engineering on quality related matters
* Act as a champion for the development of a culture of quality within TRAC Precision Machining
* Preparation of management reports to the Head of Quality and the Senior Management Team as
and when required.
* Take on other actions as and when required in relation to position.
* Ability to be flexible and assist with other quality related issues
* Identification, oversight and governance, in ensuring compliance and the creation of an
improvement strategy for all departments that report into this position.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Degree in engineering or related disciplines. Relevant experience/ qualifications will be
* Certified Quality Engineering Professional or equivalent, proficient in all standard quality tools
focused on problem solving and process improvement.
* Lead auditor qualification desirable
* Experience working as a supplier into major aerospace engine OEMs eg Rolls Royce
* Well-versed in techniques associated with Six Sigma Quality Tools.
* Experience as a quality leader within a manufacturing environment
* Experience of problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action tools and techniques
* Experience of working within at least an ISO9000 series approved organization, ideally an
AS9100 approved organisation
* Experience of internal and supplier auditing
* Experience of collecting, collating, analysing and presenting quality metrics
* Knowledge and experience in statistics preferably good experience in Six Sigma / Lean.
* Strong influencer who can effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Organized and Attention to Detail required
* Sense of Urgency with the ability to prioritize and focus to recognize critical path activities and
achieve business goals and objectives
* Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer systems MS Office, Word and Excel, databases,
* Capable of quickly demonstrating influencing skills and abilities.
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant
experience as outlined in the advert.
Interested in receiving alerts for new Permanent and Temporary vacancies together with news and updates from Halecroft? We also have a personalised Job Alert service available please visit our website for further information. You can also receive information about us including all our current vacancies, blogs and news via social media sites including Facebook; Twitter and LinkedIn.