Our client based in Manchester is currently looking to recruit a Sportswear Garment Technologist to join the rapidly growing brand...
- To manage the fit, size & function of styles from concept to launch.
- Establish fit blocks and technical standards for the brand.
- To provide accurate size charts with consistent size grading which form part of the tech packs to suppliers.
- To stick to the critical path with the product team, to execute a well-balanced and commercial range plan. Ensure all timelines are met including tech packs and sample deadlines.
- Bring to market, world-class, fit for purpose product
- To attend prototype review meetings, size set , PP and production sample meetings and take the lead in all fit sessions. Fitting garments to a high standard , gathering accurate feedback to provide detailed comments to the factories.
- Work with the rest of the product team to create new garment specs and collaborating to determine best fabric and trim combinations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day Garment Tech operational tasks, to deliver the goals and objectives as set by the Head of Menswear – in line with the company vision.
- Independently plan and organise allocated workload . To ensure that all tech-packs are of the highest standard and can be accurately translated by the factory into the best quality 1st Prototypes.
- Co-ordinate daily communication with all suppliers including chasing samples.
- Manage any relevant testing and test reports. Approval of care labels. Communicate any issues and find solutions to any problems that may arise .
- Thorough checks of all samples submitted to ensure they meet Represent’s high fabric and construction standards.
- Maintain & update the sample tracker report- accuracy is critical!
- Request and analyze all AQL reports and act on any issues.
- Request and analyze customer returns reports to gain an insight into any potential problems.
- Regularly visit the warehouse to randomly check all production to check for any issues, before goods are released to the customer.
- Be prepared to visit factories including international travel, independently or with a co-worker.
- Awareness of all factory shipment dates.
- 1 x year Garment Technologist experience
- Excellent garment construction knowledge
- Sportswear or branded apparel experience
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability
- Experience & understanding of garment/fabric test reports
Hours: 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri (Remote working available on Fridays)
Package: £26,000 - £30,000 + Bonus & Benefits