Our client based in Trafford Park is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis...
As an Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the efficiencies of all production lines across the site within a manufacturing environment. Working on schedule maintenance plans and work in a quick-paced environment.
Day to day duties will include:-
- To work as an active part of a skilled / multi-skilled department.
- Ensure fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions.
- To assist in the planning/implementation of current and future projects
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the production electrical systems and machinery
- To quickly diagnose faults and rectify them.
- To ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict time schedules.
- Assist in producing risk assessments and safe operating procedures on machinery/equipment
- Provide technical support and training on new machinery/equipment.
- Keep up to date maintenance records for reactive and proactive work
- Maintain knowledge on current health and safety conformity regarding the safety of machinery and CE marking standards
- Minimal unscheduled downtime through immediate response and rectification of problems, prioritisation to key areas
- Continuous improvement of equipment, improving safety, efficiency, changeovers, and minimising downtime.
- Continuous plant availability
- The Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers will ideally have the following:-
- Experience of working within an FMCG environment, ideally Food, beverage or Pharmaceutical business
- Must be 18th Edition qualified
- Experience with 3 Phase and Single Phase
- Appropriate mechanical skills
- PC literate (Excel/Outlook/CMMS)
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Good Communication Skills
- Production output driven.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of the team
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 6.30am – 3pm, expected to work 1 Saturday in 4 for which you will be given a day off Monday – Friday to compensate for. This is done on a rota as and when needed to carry out machine maintenance.
Applications: Closing date for application is 5pm on Monday 27th September.