Our client who is based in Middleton, Manchester is looking to recruit a Production Manager / Area Performance Manager on a permanent basis:-
Reporting to the Operations Manager and managing 7 Shift Managers, you will be a key member of the operations function, this role has responsibility for the overall leading and management of the operations team within the department. This role is responsible for the day to 12-month horizon.
- You will be required to develop area-specific plans and objectives and ensure delivery against the plan, ensure delivery of the plans via daily operation review and weekly KPI’s.
- This role should have a safety and quality focus, drive shift optimisation, standardization, and GMP standards are implemented and maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that the production area and equipment are maintained to the correct standards for the safe manufacture of production and is responsible for the achievement of the overall production targets.
- Set and prioritise workload and objectives to support the overall development needs of the Shift Managers and their team.
- Monitoring and ensuring that tools and techniques including short interval control, plan performance review, daily operations reviews, escalation, and cascades all happen on a timely basis. Lead by example in embracing the two principles, which are to offer only the finest products and continuously challenge the status quo.
- Health & Safety - ensure compliance with safety policies and site rules including covid measures
- Quality - Ensure compliance with site quality procedures including Critical Control Points.
- Productivity - Leads Daily Operations Review, escalating issues where necessary to the Operations Manager. Responsible for the operational targets on a week-to-month basis, identifying trends and deviations and implementing corrective actions to improve performance.
- Cost - Interprets trend data associated with material usage variance and facilitates focused improvement activities to eliminate waste. Facilitate projects on cost reduction and continuous improvement. Plays a leading role by understanding what is required, implementing changes, and communicating results.
- Delivery - Lead Tier 2 meetings. Daily operations review. Monitor SIC and rectify issues that prevent delivery using appropriate CI tools.
- Morale & Engagement - Carry out performance reviews, including SDP, SPOs, Competency, and values deployment in line with Behavioural Framework.
Salary up to £45,000
Annual Discretionary Bonus of up to 10%
Private Medical Insurance
Hours will be Mon - Fri office/hours (Day Shift) - A large degree of flexibility required.